Trapped: Spring

As the first day of spring is here, Autumn faded a long time ago... Yet the nightmare seems to have no end in sight...

I still can't believe this,  I still can't fathom it... As the years passed, it's been seven months since I ended writing Trapped: Autumn. Half a year since it came out and I had my debut as a writer. Now here I am, to present you the second book, Trapped: Spring. But with the second edition of Autumn and the outing of Spring, comes an end. The end of this two seasons of Trapped and an end to the first edition of Trapped: Autumn.  If you had told me a few years back that I would have two books published, I wouldn't have believed you. Yet I am trying to continue doing this, writing, coming up with ideas for new books, struggling doing three things at once all in order to get a bit closer to my dreams. I won't lie, the disappointment of seeing what this industry is, how dignified people are in practicing certain tactics in order to achieve "greatness" is a bit discouraging. 

But enough about that, let's go towards something a bit more cheerful, Trapped: Spring is published. This book was a pain in the ass to write. Whether I am talking continuity, synchronization with Autumn, the characters or the immense plot. It was very difficult to keep it to a level where if you were to only pay attention once, you wouldn't have to go back in order to get the full idea. Basically, not to make a mess out of it. There was also the criticism of the work the reader had to put due to the fact that it's a hard read, which I had to confront and work on. Which is why I used the format I did on both books, so that you/the reader wouldn't have to sit there and read a book that is set to drag you along for five weeks. I tried using the repetition of the week as a tool to make it easier to read, yet showcase the same things I would have if it were a normal flowing book. This is also the same reason I kept the simple language or why the ideas were put into simpler words. As hard as it might seem to read, due to the lack of narration, description or instruction from the author. I believe that both books were constructed in such a way, where you by the end of it, you'll probably have an image in your head. Whether it's about the characters, setting or what it all means. This also means that I, as an author invited you, the reader, to a conversation and a game of interpretation. Where I give you the hypothetical and you tell me what it brings to your mind. Books are usually interpreted by each individual their own way. So why not start with that?

If you read all my posts about these books, by this time you, one of the ideas I tried to put out there, is that I want to try in doing something different. Whether it's by subverting expectations, style, tradition or the industry as a whole. I want to try it at least. So when I started Trapped: Spring, this is one of the ambitions I had in mind. Go all out, build on what I have learned from Autumn, change what I thought needed to be changed in order to make these two books different enough, yet still feel like Spring is the second book to the Trapped: series. So in all, this is all I can tell you about both Spring and Autumn. If I wanted to tell you more, I would have probably put it in the book. Yet as I said, I didn't want to instruct readers on how exactly it is meant to be read or how exactly it should be interpreted. Which is why I do not talk about characters, setting, why, how or who, it's something the reader is supposed to figure out for himself. Because whether the author wants it or not, a reader will always interpret the work a certain way.

As a last thing, do not forget to but the books and like the pages below:
Facebook:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016

Pity

Just a rather small thing to discuss.