2016

2016

This year sucked. Now look, I am not talking about celebrity deaths, corruption or any other important things like that. I am going to talk about the unimportant things that happened this year. 

The year 2016 meant a lot to me, it was the year I took an important step towards one of my dreams, I did something. Even if it's not of value, I published my first book. Why did I say that it is not of value? Because it is something anyone can do. I learned about what some publications and independent authors do in order to get sales and get their word out. Things I do not appreciate or like. Which all in all discouraged me.

2016 seemed to be the year which imposed hypocrisy, double standards, paradoxes and idiocy to the forefront of society. This is the thing that bothered me the most. Compared to other years, this one seemed keen on creating diversity when it comes to who is right, and who has the right to take the rights of other's away. Whether we're talking about Black lives matter, safe spaces, social justice warriors, fake news, alt right, corrupt news, new laws, elections and the lies that came with them. Everything this year seemed focused on dividing people, of creating circle jerks, of creating a mentality of black and white, of there's only one right and all wrong. For some reason we all decided that we're all right, we're all offended, we're all important and everyone else isn't. This year it seems that we also decided to lie to ourselves, to become less than people, we decided on being celebrities. We created bubbles to live in, lies to believe in, worlds that have nothing to do with reality. We ditched the real thing just so we can immerse ourselves in something that does not exist. Our own truth, our own tiny world, a world where only we matter. Maybe this was always the case, maybe just social media grew to the extent where everyone has a voice. But this is just the thing that seems to bother me, now that everyone has a voice, has the means to express themselves, I find that no one really things outside of themselves. Anyone seems to be an expert in all things, an expert in sarcasm or giving advice. Then there is this
I wanted to make a separate post about this, but if we're on the subject. This man is right. Everyone seems to be in a bubble, whether they are from any country or city or rural environment. Everyone seems to thing that they are momentarily embarrassed millionaires with bright future. We're all special, smart and clever. We're all entitled to whatever we want, when we want it. Just as long as someone else doesn't burst my bubble and call me out on my bullshit. George Carlin once said that everyone appreciates honesty, until it's directed towards them. Then you're an asshole. We don't want others and take our place or take the place we want to get to, because we're special, we were told that we're special. And that we are smart, we're brilliant, that we can change the world. Because we're the one, we're the one without sin, mistake and a bright future ahead. They are the ones wronging you, how dare they say things that bother you? How dare they get ahead in life when you were preparing to get to the starting line? This year saddened me. This idea that we're civilized, that we're smart or intelligent, that we're supposed to do good or better seems to be just a dream. And to remain just a dream for a long time. So I will leave you with one very sweet comic strip by a very smart man.

Comments

  1. Many a times we tend to forget that the person standing in front of us is also a human. Our visions have gotten narrow. Hopefully the new year would bring about some good changes,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing a little of of experiences with 2016 aswell as your achievements, personal 2016 was like foundation year and i'll ever be greateful to 2016

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year has been bad for losing people. But every year is like this. It is the way life goes. But death hits hard, it is loss all we can do is live life with a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly we realize it only when either does that matters to us are gone or when a celebrity dies. We sometimes just forget to cherish what we have with or without any purpose in life.

      Delete
  4. Well... Thats one way of looking at things. There are always ways to get around rules and get things done. I am sure some or the other time you would also do it. However there would be some good thing too that might have happened in 2016. You may or may not realize it now but some day you might.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are, I am not denying that there were. But what may seem good for me, it may harm someone else.

      Delete
  5. I guess we all shared the same sentiments for 2016. I thought that year would be one of the amazing years I could ever have. But life has full of surprises.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pity

Just a rather small thing to discuss.