The Trifecta

I don't know how to really start this post, it's not because I didn't write for a long time, but because of the subject that can be interpreted in a very wrong way. So I'll just start this...

Obviously social media is a big part of our life, and even a necessary one if you're using it the right way. Of course many people don't, but I'll leave that for another time, right now I want to focus on other things, things that are a routine already and we're too familiar with. And I think that may be a bad thing. So let's split this post in two categories or subjects, since there are many things to grasp and talk about.

Well the first subject is IGNORANCE: Like I wrote above social media is great and necessary if you know how to use it right, from marketing to learning and to news. But to be honest people are ignorant, and many times because they have "friends" or "follow" people with the same taste and opinion as their own. From what I've seen this grows into ignorance and self-absorbed behavior. Now I know I'm not a psychologist and I didn't study this for years. But the reason for me saying this is actually seeing it in peoples behaviors. And living in a world where everyone thinks like you do or only praises you is ignorance. The point I'm actually trying to make is that places like twitter or reddit where there's little to no censure are good, taking criticism is constructive and makes you open your mind a little bit. I've seen many people react, how do I put this, like crazy if a criticism or a joke aimed towards them is brought up. And that's not a way a rational human being should react.

Second subject: Well this subject maybe be very subjective, but is about women, actually young women. I made a joke last week about girls posting so many pictures of a part of their body on instagram or facebook that it looks like they are selling themselves on the black market. And it is true, I see hundreds of pictures of parts of girl "friends" on my facebook feed and it does look like they are marketing themselves as the best "product" online. And quite frankly my dear, I'm over-saturated with all the selfies or photos, I'm at a point where I'm impressed with a selfie that has a girl fully clothed in it. I've seen so many butts, legs, nails, hair, faces, breasts, undies, bikinis, bras, that seeing a girl naked isn't even a thrill or something special anymore. Every little bit of sexiness, mystery and allure of a woman's body has vanished for me. Every time I log on Facebook or Instagram I feel like walking in the red neighborhood in Amsterdam where every selfie is a girl in a glass window. And this may sound harsh, but being "proud" of your body and posting it everywhere every day, you lose value, just like the girls that are used in the glass windows. I'm only making this comparison because I might get your attention this way and maybe you will reconsider? At least for a moment.

One last thing regarding social media, since this post is called the trifecta. The good type of ignorance, is the last subject, and I can talk for myself here. Well like I said having only "friends" or "following" people that have the same ideas as you have is bad, but having idiots and nitwits and bullies on social media is also bad, so having people that you can have a normal civilized debate with is good, having this "Good type of Ignorance" that lacks idiots, morons, stupid, close minded people. And in fact I encourage it, your life is so much better with only a select few hundred in your "friends" list. Than having 2500 "friends" from which 2100 are total ignorant, etc., you get the idea. It's always good to know they exist, but that doesn't mean that you have to argue or engage with them.

So these are the three things that really annoyed me recently on social media. I know it's been a very long time since I wrote. But I will get back and continue what I started. The chapters, the story, the rants... Good to be back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016

Pity

Just a rather small thing to discuss.